Last Sunday, I held a modified notebooks class at my house. I've held the class once before, but decided it was such a great project that they needed to be featured today.
For my examples, I used a mix of SU and non-SU products. This is a great project to use up scraps and random embellishments. For the big notebooks, I glue on a full sheet of DSP using sticky strip. I then cut around the notebook to get the perfect fit. I add a 1" strip on the binding. Lastly I re-enforce the small strip and cover the rest of the binding with washi tape. From there I embellish.
- Bases: Mead Compositions Books (bought one super sale during Back to School); $1 journals from Michael's/Joann's/etc
- Paper: SU DSP (mostly retired); Coordinating Recollections Patterned Paper; Kraft paper (cover smaller journals)
- Stamps: Hello There (Hostess); Kinda Eclectic
- Ink: Night of Navy; Chocolate Chip; Blackberry Bliss; Baked Brown Sugar; Gumball Green (retired)
- Embellishments: Mambi alphas; Various washi tape; Recollections fabric flowers; scrap paper; SU Candy Dots
- Tools: Ovals Framelits; Starburst Framelits; Floral Frames Framelits; Butterfly Punches; Decorative masks
I love how my class attendees customized their notebooks. They picked their favorite colors and patterned paper. For the small notebooks, they changed up the decorative masks and and butterflies.
For the upcoming mom's retreat, I decided to make modified notebooks for the participants. Each one of the ten notebooks uses different paper combinations and washi tape. My plan is to let each participant chose their notebook and then add an initial sticker. I think my personal favorite is the hot pink and green notebook.