I recently hosted a modified notebooks class. I had seen so many cute ideas on Pinterest that I had to try some for myself. In class we transformed two composition books and two of SU's small Kraft Journals.
For this notebook I wanted to play around with patterns. I grabbed one of my huge coordinating 12x12 stacks and pulled patterns I enjoy. From there, I layered on the paper with my floral framelits until I had filled most of the cover. The back has the light blue paper with a strip of yellow and washi tape. For both of the comp notebooks, I added a few strips of washi tape at the binging to give them more visual interest.
- Stamps: Hello There
- Inks: Chocolate Chip
- Cardstock: Random scraps
- Accessories: Washi tape
- Tools: Floral Frames Framlits
For the second comp book I wanted to be bolder and simpler. I went with a pack of SU's Confetti DSP as my base paper. Added in some fun washi tape and a glitter initial to complete the notebook. Simple but very cute.
- Cardstock: Confetti DSP
- Accessories: Glitter letters; Washi Tape
- Tools: Starburst Framelits
For this small kraft journal, I knew I wanted to use the gold leaves I just acquired from Michaels. I built the rest of the notebook from those leaves. I love how the stars are sprinkled in the background. They also appear on the backside.
- Inks: Blackberry Bliss
- Accessories: Color Me Autumn washi tape; Alphas; Gold leaves; Jewel
- Tools: Stars Decorative Mask
The last notebook is a modification of a notebook design from SU's convention in July. I added the fun blue washi tape all the way around the notebook.
- Stamps: Kinda Eclectic
- Inks: Baked Brown Sugar; Mossy Meadow; Midnight Muse (retired)
- Cardstock: Whisper White; Random scraps
- Accessories: Brights candy dots; Washi tape
- Tools: Ovals Framelits; Sponge daubers