Here's my card that I made for our June swaps. I really wanted to use my Daydream Medallions stamps and Floral Frames framelits, but wanted something nice and clean. Enter the monochromatic look! I love how clean this card looks and yet it has a ton of layers and fun patterns.
A few weeks back I held my second card class. We made four cards using a ton of retiring/retired DSP. I wanted to make sure that the card designs were fun, but easy to make. I think I found the right balance with these.
Inspiration: From Stampin' Pretty
- Stamps: Daydream Medallions; Sweet Essentials (retired)
- Cardstock: Basic Black; Very Vanilla; Silver Glimmer Paper; Modern Medley DSP (retired)
- Ink: Riding Hood Red (retired)
- Tools: Floral Frames Framelits; Big Shot; Paper Trimmer; Snail
Inspiration: From Ink It Up with Jessica
- Stamps: Birthday Cake (retired)
- Cardstock: Whisper White; Crisp Cantaloupe; Birthday Basics DSP (retired)
- Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe
- Accessories: Honeycomb Embossing Folder
- Tools: Big Shot; Paper Trimmer; Snail; Scissors
Inspiration: From Angela guesting on Northwest Stamper
- Stamps: Perfect Pennants
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake; Coastal Cabana; Real Red; Whisper White; Fresh Prints DSP (retired)
- Ink: Real Red
- Accessories: Small Metal Brads
- Tools: Paper Trimmer; Snail; Scissors
Inspiration: From Ginger Stamps
- Stamps: A Word for You (retired); Petite Petals
- Cardstock: Whisper White; Watercolor Wonder DSP (retired)
- Ink: Gumball Green (retired); Crisp Cantaloupe
- Accessories: Jewels; Island Indigo Ribbon (retired)
- Tools: Blossom Punch; Petite Petals Punch
Warning: This post is incredibly long and picture heavy. I may have a bit of a crafting supply addiction...Every Sunday I will be highlighting the crafting products that I bought/received from the previous week. This first haul encompasses the craft purchases from the month of April and the first part of May.
Obligatory Michael's visit. I run in to get snail, and look at all the stuff I bought! (Not shown: Door prizes for my crafting open house a few weeks back). I grabbed a cute desktop organizer that fits some of my PL cards, snail, pack of Amy Tangerine designed cardstock (really good weight), and the Inspirational PL Theme Pack.
I also received two RAKs in the mail. I'm especially loving the alphabet stickers. Can never have too many of those.
I received my PL Rain partial that I ordered from the FB group. So pretty! Finally I have some cards with purple in them. And I finally picked up a partial Midnight kit.
This past month I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator. That also means that I had to order my starter kit. $125 worth of product for $99! I got my total down to having $0.25 left. I'd say that I spent my money wisely.
- Island Indigo Ink Pad -- How do I not own this ink pad yet? I have the marker and adore the color.
- Glue dots -- I use these a ton.
- Glue sticks -- Bought for classes and workshops.
- Embossing Buddy -- I have no idea where mine disappeared to...
- Polka Dot 8" x 8" Album -- Thinking about making this my Daily December album for this coming year.
- Green Dot 6" x 6" Album -- Not sure what to do with this one yet, but it was on clearance for a great price.
- Letters to Santa DSP -- Clearance and retired, but such a cute pattern that I couldn't resist.
- Epic Day This and That Stickers -- To go with the journal. I already own the washi tape.
- Blender Pens -- Been wanting these for awhile. Figured I should finally buy them.
- Basic Black Ink Pad -- My black ink pad is one of the old designs. I know they've reformulated the ink, so I thought it was time for a new one.
- 2013-2015 In Color DSP -- I really need to highlight these gorgeous colors more.
I also put in my April club order to snap up some retiring items. All the items from my April club order are retiring and all but the markers are now completely gone.
- 2012-2014 In Color 12x12 Cardstock
- 2012-2014 In Color 8.5x11 Cardstock
- 2012-2014 In Color Markers
- Primrose Petals Reinker
- Gumball Green Reinker
- Summer Starfruit Reinker
- Midnight Muse Reinker
I made another $150 order to get my 30% off in the first 45 days.
- Birthday Cake Stamp (Retired)
- Rich Razzleberry Ink
- Calypso Coral Ink
- Mosaic Madness Stamps
- Mosaic Punch
- Daydream Medallions Stamps
- Subtles 8.5x11 Cardstock (2 packs)
- Project Life Card Collection -- not pictured
- Project Life Accessory Pack -- not pictured
- Project Life Stamps (both sets) -- not pictured
i stopped in at Big Lots randomly one day and snapped up some glue runner and paper packs. My total for three paper packs and glue runner was $10. Very cheap!
I took advantage of the tail end of SU's free shipping event to place my May club order early.
- 2013-2015 In Color Core'dinations 12x12 cardstock
- Retro Fresh This and That Stickers
- Basic Pearls
- Chalk Marker
- Silver Glimmer Paper
I won a RAK of 5th and Frolic cards from one of my FB groups. They finally came in the mail this weekend.
And I took advantage of RUKrisitin's Mother's Day Sale to snap up this box of goodness: