Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using the technique below.
For my card, I used the traditional way of doing stained glass cards. I have also seen others use a large cutout die (like the Rose Garden Thinlits) and replace the middle pieces with colored paper. Very cool effect, but I enjoy doing the heat embossing and vellum technique. For my card, I used the Birthday Blooms stamp set as my stained glass image. I have found that the trick to coloring is to use darker markers to show the color more. After coloring, I handcut my vellum and placed it in the corner of my card. I added a metallic doily and a sentiment.
Detailed of the flower:
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms; Dragonfly Dreams
- Inks: Perfect Plum; Elegant Eggplant; Always Artichoke; Pumpkin Pie
- Cardstock: Falling in Love DSP; Very Vanilla; Crumb Cake
- Accessories: Metallic Doily
- Tools: Gold Embossing Powder; Vellum