In May I held a class featuring four cards with fancy folds. I tend to keep the same style of cards, but decided this was a great chance to learn some new techniques.
I found a great little tutorial for a steps card. I love the finished look of these and knew I wanted to do my own. Take a piece of cardstock measuring 4 1/4" x 11" and score as 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 6", 8 1/4". From there cut a separate piece of same colored cardstock to 4 1/4" by 5 1/8". Fold the card into steps and attach the other piece of cardstock to stand up the card. From there, I cut the DSP to 1" by 4", 1 1/2" by 4", and 4 3/4" by 4". I layered a smaller piece of white paper to put add a fun sentiment. To finish the card, I added some die cut flowers in coordinating inks.
- Stamps: Wacky Wishes (retired); Secret Garden (retired)
- Inks: Melon Mambo; Tangerine Tango; Pacific Point; Wild Wasabi
- Cardstock: Melon Mambo; Beyond the Garden DSP (retired)
- Accessories: Garden Party Washi Tape (retired)
- Tools: Secret Garden Framelits (retired)
Love this tri-fold class! Start with a 8" by 12" piece of cardstock. Line up the piece at a diagonal and cut. It doesn't need to be precise. You can make the angle as steep as you want. Score at 4", flip around, and score at 4". Fold the card and you're ready to decorate.
To decorate, I created my own piece of DSP with the circle stamp from Work of Art. Once that was done, I cut the pieces to add to the cardstock. Finally I decorated and cut out some balloons. Perfect!
- Stamps: Celebrate Today (retired); Work of Art
- Inks: Pistachio Pudding (retired); Crisp Cantaloupe (retired); Pool Party; Basic Gray
- Cardstock: Crisp Cantaloupe (retired)
- Accessories: Gray twin
- Tools: Balloon Framelits