I have two simple cards to share with you today. The first card was my make and take card from my May open house. I wanted allow everyone to make a simple card for free, but not make it too complicated. Enter the joys of monochromatic cards. I found this example on Pinterest. The original can be found at My Creative Corner.
And decided to recreate it using retiring colors and papers. I have to use them somehow! Each guest had the choice of making their card in Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, or Raspberry Ripple.
- Stamps: Wacky Wishes (retired)
- Cardstock: Gumball Green (retired); 2012-2014 In Color DSP (retired)
- Ink: Gumball Green (retired)
- Accessories: 2012-2014 In Color Dahlias (retired)
- Tools: Patterned scissors; Snail; Paper Trimmer
The second card was my May stamp club homework. Our host is such a task master! We have to do homework every month! Oh, who am I kidding? We love it and usually end up making more than one example. I was distracted with other crafts this past month, so I only made one. Here's the sketch from Operation Write Home:
My interpretation uses a ton of current in colors and some retired DSP. I love the cool colors and pattern play. I played with the dimensions a bit (i think they are a bit off), but kept the design just like the sketch.
- Stamps: Vintage Verses (retired)
- Cardstock: Sweet Sorbet DSP (retired)
- Accessories: Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Stretch Trim (retired)