Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
This week's topic is a freebie. I decided to go with one of the suggested themes: favorite books from my first year of blogging. I started my blog in November 2010, but didn't really started reviewing books until 2011. I'm going to count my first year as January to December 2011. As a note, I did not include rereads on this list. I ended up rereading a ton of great classics in 2011, but didn't want those on my list. Let's see what my favorite books were in that first year...
- Austenland by Shannon Hale -- Love this romance featuring an obsession with Jane Austen. Bonus points: I loved the movie version!
- Autumn by David Moody -- Such an unsettling zombie series (in a great way).
- V for Vendetta by Alan Moore -- Love this graphic novel!
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan -- Another good zombie series. Not as scary as Autumn, but I really loved it.
- Fables Series by Bill Willingham -- My favorite comic series!
- The Prestige by Christopher Priest -- The level of suspense throughout this novel is amazing!
- Soulless by Gail Carriger -- Such great steampunk paranormal fun!
- The Affinity Bridge by George Mann -- Another great steampunk novel. Can't believe I haven't read the rest of the series yet.
- The Walking Dead Series by Robert Kirkman -- Another favorite comic series.
- The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff -- Loved the magical realism focus in this one. I'm not finding her latest book (Fates and Furies) very interesting at all.
Next up on the TBR pile: