Likes: All the food! Snuggles with his blankie. All the toys. Arthur. "Jumping" on mommy.
Dislikes: Being left alone. Teething. Dirty Diapers.
Sleeping: Naps are crap, but at least he sleeps at night for the most part.
Eating: His current favorite foods are broccoli, avocado, and cheese. Although he will try anything you put on his tray.
Playing: Quentin loves playing with all his toys right now. His favorites are the links (likes to fling them back and forth), Sophie for chewing on, the mirror, his Baby Faces book, and the stuffed snow leopard. He also discovered that Arthur's cars and dinosaurs are perfect for chewing on. Have to have another discussion with Arthur about keeping those away from Q.
- Throwing things (learning about cause and effect) — He's started throwing things, but I think it's mostly accidental right now.
- Crawling —Not quite yet. Lots of scooting in circles and a bit backwards.
- Squirming instead of wanting to be held —Nope. He loves being held by me at least.
- Answering to his name —Um... maybe? Sometimes I think he answers to his name and sometimes he seems to ignore me.
- Sitting unassisted for longer periods -- He's almost sitting independently.
- Feeding himself finger foods -- Getting so good at picking things up with the pincer grip.
- Getting teeth -- Two bottom teeth so far. Working on a top tooth.
- Working on fine motor skills -- Definitely increasing his skills right now.
- Separation anxiety -- Nothing major yet.
Out and About: Other than the doctor appointment, we ventured out for a ton of regular errands and some fun places.
- Playdate at Ms. Priscilla's house with a visit to her fun neighborhood park
- Happy Hollow for the first time in almost a year. The lower zoo is still closed due to flood damage, but we had fun at the upper zoo and the rides.
- California Academy of Sciences with J. Quentin loved the aquarium so much. I think his favorite were the jellyfish.
- Mel's Play Place Easter Egg Hunt. Q didn't participate obviously, but he had fun watching all the big kids play.