Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using the sketch below.
Funny thing is that I don't have the Hearts Framelits. And I don't really have any desire to buy them. I'm just not hugely into hearts, but I do love butterflies. So I decided to make a card using the sketch but substituting the butterfly for the heart pictured. Overall, I kept my card very monochromatic. I love playing with the watercolor wings stamp set to create different color combos. This card features the combination of Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, and Watermelon Wonder. Once I layered on the main pieces, I decided the card needed to be finished with some bling. I added a Botanical Garden Jewel and a bit of clear Wink of Stella. Just my kind of card.
I used this card for our February stamp club but gave my participants the choice of four of the 2015-2017 In Colors. Below are the butterflies I made as examples.
- Stamps: Watercolor Wings; Happy Happenings
- Inks: Blushing Bride; Calypso Coral; Watermelon Wonder; Early Espresso
- Cardstock: 2015-2017 In Color DSP; Watermelon Wonder; Whisper White
- Accessories: Botanical Gardens Jewel; Doilies
- Tools: Bold Butterfly Framelits; Clear Wink of Stella