Today’s card is featured over at Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration and features a fun card sketch challenge today. Looking at the sketch, I knew that I was going to jazz it up a bit, but how? After some initial thought, I was drawn to using the Watercolor Wings stamp set to create a birthday card for my Grandmother.
I first stamped the butterflies and cut them out. From there, I decided to add some fun pattern paper as a background. The layered paper still looked a little stark, so I added a bit of washi tape to add some visual interest. And still the card was too plain. So I added the sentiment in a repeating pattern. Much better! Finally I finished the card with a die cut butterfly and rhinestones. My grandmother's favorite color is purple and she likes butterflies. I really hope that she loves this card.
- Stamps: Happy Happenings; Watercolor Wings
- Inks: Blackberry Bliss; Rich Razzleberry; Perfect Plum
- Cardstock: Pretty Petals DSP; Blackberry Bliss; Whisper White
- Accessories: Rhinestones; Everyday Chic Washi Tape
- Tools: Butterfly Thinlits