For one of my March-April classes, I knew that I wanted to focus on flowers. Spring is perfect for flowers, and the Occasions catalog and Sale-a-Bration brochure have some great flowers.
I reluctantly got the Lotus Blossom from the SAB brochure a few weeks back. I say reluctantly, because I wasn't initially in love with the stamp set. I thought the triple stamping would be complicated and annoying. To my surprise, it was very simple. I found a great pic from Pinterest that details some great color combinations. Taking that as a starting point, I played around with the colors that I have and came up with three great blossoms. In the end, I'm really enjoying this stamp set. I need to play around with color combinations a bit more.
- Stamps: Lotus Blossom
- Inks: Basic Gray; Wild Wasabi; Blackberry Bliss; Rich Razzleberry; Melon Mambo; Strawberry Slush; Hello Honey; Daffodil Delight
- Cardstock: Crisp Cantaloupe; Whisper White; Painted Blooms DSP
- Accessories: Crisp Cantaloupe Trim
My second card today is all about coloring. I received a ton of Blendabilities as SAB rewards and this is the perfect card to play with them. I colored each vase using the Blendabilities. Then I colored the DSP using one shade of each Blendabilities set. I love how colorful this card turned out to be. I realized that even though I used Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities, Crushed Curry and Perfect Plum cardstock looked better as bases. I hope my class participants like coloring this card as much as I did.
- Stamps: Vivid Vases
- Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy, and Old Olive Blendabilities
- Cardstock: Perfect Plum; Crushed Curry; Whisper White; Back to Black DSP