I wanted something a little different for the Halloween set. I love the Frightful Sight DSP (sadly retired) and wanted to use as many of the patterns as possible. Enter the sample and tutorial from Welcome to Stampin' Sue:
My Interpretation: Taking Sue's idea, cut a ton of DSP and went to work creating my own sunburst image.
- Cut a piece of scrap cardstock to 3 1/2" x 3 3/4"
- Cut strips of DSP to 1 1/2"x 3 3/4"
- Cut those strip diagonally
- Mark your scrap cardstock piece at the middle
- Use the mark as a center for the pointed ends of the DSP
- Adhere and trim off excess
- Use excess to fill in the end spots of the sunburst
- Cover the straggly ends with a ribbon, washi tape, or piece of cardstock (I chose cardstock)
- Stamps: Wacky Wishes (retired)
- Cardstock: Frightfull Sight DSP (retired)