August's TBR Pile (11/14):
- MVPA Book Club Selection: Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham ✓
- TBR Pile: Little Bee by Chris Cleave ✓
- Reading Assignment: How to Fall in Love with a Man Who Lives in a Bush by Emmy Abrahamson ✓
- Reading Assignment: The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert ✓
- Book of the Month Club (July): Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
- Book of the Month Club (August): The Dinner List
- Series Pick: Smoke and Iron by Rachel Caine ✓
- Comics Pick: The Walking Dead Vol. 30
- Romance Pick: The Stolen Bride by Jo Beverley ✓
- Romance Pick: Emily and the Dark Angel by Jo Beverley ✓
- Nonfiction Pick: College Girls by Lynn Peril ✓
- Classics Pick: Daisy Miller and Washington Square by Henry James ✓
- Young Adult Pick: Unspoken by Sarah Brennan ✓
- Added: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco ✓
1,000,000 Page Goal:
Monthly Total: 3477 pages
Pages Remaining: 656,890 pages
Current Read - Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
Books I Gave Up On (0)
Books bought/received (1) -- I picked up The Eyre Affair for cheap instead of waiting for the library holds list.
September's TBR Pile:
- TBR Pile: An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
- Reading Assignment: The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- Book of the Month Club (carry-over): The Dinner List by Rebecca Serle
- Book of the Month Club (carry-over): Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
- Book of the Month Club: TBD
- Book Club: Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen
- Series Pick: Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
- Comics Pick: Rat Queens Vol. 4
- Romance Pick: Flirting with Forever by Gwyn Cready
- Nonfiction Pick: Pox Americana by Elizabeth A. Fenn
- Classics Pick: Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Young Adult Pick: Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
- The Avengers: Infinity War -- I was not ready for that emotional roller coaster.
- Deadpool 2 -- So f*ing funny. Love it when they break the fourth wall.
- Ready Player One -- Not as bad as I was thinking it would be, but a little too flashy.
- The Trip -- A rewatch for us as we wanted to watch the other two movies.
- The Trip to Italy -- Loved this crazy film featuring two crazy guys.
- The Trip to Spain -- Loved the final movie. So good.
- Absolutely, Anything -- Not quite sure why this has such a low rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It's not great, but it's also not a steaming pile of garbage as the rating implies.
- Won't You Be My Neighbor? -- This has been on our list for awhile now. Very moving!
TV Shows watched
- Bachelor in Paradise S5 -- So much more fun than the regular series.
- Legion S2 -- We're slowing making our way through the season. Only a few more episodes to go.
- Supernatural S5 -- Finishing the last season that I watched all the way through.
Comments - As expected, my reading slowed down this month but I still knocked out quite a few from my shelves.
Next up on the TBR pile: