As I look outside my window: The sun is setting on this Saturday night...
Right now I am: Enjoying a bit of quiet before the craziness of bedtime.
On my bedside table: The Last Stand by Nathaniel Philbrick; Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine
On my tv this week: J and I were super excited to start S2 of The Good Place. Can't wait to see where this goes... We also watched a few movies (The Island of Lost Souls; Sausage Party; The Lost City of Z).
Listening to: Andrew Bird's Are You Serious. I'm loving the eclectic sound of this album and his song with Fiona Apple is just amazing!
On the menu for this week:
- Monday - Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Tuesday - Chili and Cornbread
- Wednesday - Chicken Ranch Tacos; Black Bean Soup
- Thursday - Leftovers
- Friday - Ravioli
- Saturday - Beef Tips
- Sunday - Appetizer Night
On my to do list: I have some random bigger tasks to make sure and take care of this week including making eye appointments and buying plane tickets for Christmas. I also have a few lingering tasks to prep for the birthday party (making shark fins, picking up chocolate coins, etc).
Happening this week:
- Monday - Errand day (this is becoming the routine)
- Tuesday - Quentin's 1st birthday!!!! We're celebrating by having cupcakes at our park playdate.
- Wednesday - Home day probably
- Thursday - Q's doctor appointment
- Friday - Visit to Deer Hollow Farm at Rancho San Antonio
- Saturday - Arthur's friend's birthday party
- Sunday - Probably another home day
What I am creating: With the completion of these three birthday cards, I am ready to dive into Christmas card making. I'm doing 30 Days of Christmas Cards from Sketches in November on my blog, so I need to start now! I'm starting with the new stamp sets, creating cards for my Christmas card classes and stamp club. And then I'll dive into the older supplies and scraps of paper to make some of the sketches. Super excited!
My simple pleasures: Good movies, break-n-bake cookies (for those lazy nights), snuggling under the covers, pretty cookbooks, chai tea
Looking around the house: The downstairs is fairly clean, but the upstairs is a bit of a mess. And the big birthday party is coming soon! I need to make a master to clean list to make sure I work it all in.
From the camera: Saturday morning shenanigans
Next up on the TBR pile: