11 months old! So close to one year. I can't believe it's been this long already. Seems like yesterday Quentin arrived in our lives. I better get the party planning going...
Likes: Climbing all the things, making loud noises, wrestling with Arthur, snuggles
Dislikes: Nap times, not being paid attention to, wrestling with Arthur (when he's done with it)
Sleeping: A few hiccups this past week. He woke up screaming a few times during the night. Maybe teething, maybe tied to his developmental leap, maybe being woken up by Arthur, maybe none of these things. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing. Naps have been very hit and miss also. One day he will take a 30 minute nap, the next day he will take a 2 1/2 hour nap. It's a bit frustrating for me.
Eating: Mostly all the things. He will try just about anything we put on his tray. But right now he's a huge fan of fruit. He also loves snacks like Cheerios and Mum-mums.
Playing: Oh so much playing!!! He loves playing cars and animals with Arthur. He loves climbing all the things. He's turning into a little mountain goat. He loves peek-a-boo and tickles. He has been getting into anything that makes noise. And he's really exploring his surroundings everywhere we go.
- Understanding simple words and effects — I think I'm seeing more recognition from him. He's learned words like bottle, snack, Arthur, a few others.
- Standing unassisted — He's done it a few times unassisted, but has yet to take a step independently. He walks along the furniture constantly.
- Organizing objects (recognizing patterns) — I'm seeing a bit of this.
- Drop in appetite — Yep. He's slowly dropping his daily intake.
- Speaking a few words — Nope. No words yet.
- Communicating wants and needs — We're getting there. He's starting to kind of gesture towards things and is very vocal with his babbling.
Out and About: Two weeks ago we visit Chabot with J. We also went to La Petite Playhouse (indoor play place) and Stafford Park with some friends. On the home side, we had some friends over a playdate and other friends over for a pool party. And then I got really sick a nasty cough. We didn't go anywhere for a few days so I could rest. I started feeling better on Friday, so Saturday we hit the library and then went to brunch at Black Bear Diner.
Next up on the TBR Pile: