Right now I am: Recovering from a crazy long day in San Francisco yesterday.
Thinking and pondering: A dear friend's husband died unexpectedly this morning. I am still in shock. She's currently living all the way across the country near her family. I'm at a loss at how to support her in this difficult time, but will continue to think about it.
On my bedside table: The Last Star by Rick Yancey; Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
On my tv this week: J and I caught up with some Another Period, Brain Dead, and Silicon Valley. On the movie front, we introduced the twins to Going Postal.
Listening to: Not much listening to music this week. I have been busy listening to Arthur's nonstop chatter. Wow that little boy has really opened up his vocabulary this past month.
On the menu for this week:
- Monday - Italian Noodle Soup
- Tuesday - BBQ Chicken (double batch as I'm delivering some to a friend who just had a baby)
- Wednesday - Mongolian Beef over rice and veggies
- Thursday - Munchery delivery (we got a 50% off box)
- Friday - Munchery delivery
- Saturday - Munchery delivery
- Sunday - Leftovers
On my to do list: Summer social tasks, clean the house, probably some other things I'm forgetting about.
Happening this week:
- Monday - Shopping day: Social supplies, groceries
- Tuesday - Park day maybe; Board meeting
- Wednesday - Summer Social Prep Meeting
- Thursday - Library probably; Stamp club
- Friday - Buying summer social food (Costco run)
- Saturday - Summer Social; Friend's baby shower if not totally beat after the social
- Sunday - Book Club, Happiness Project Checkin (aka my day away)
My simple pleasures: Arnold Palmer's, the view from SF Wharf, my own bed
Looking around the house: The kitchen is a disaster zone. J had to take apart the dishwasher after it clogged. The result is dirty dishes and crap everywhere, Not looking forward to cleaning all that up.
From the camera: Hooligans outside of the candy store...