Title: The Mischief of the Mistletoe (Pink Carnation #7)
Author: Lauren Willig
Publisher: New American Library 2010
Genre: Historical Fiction
Rating: 4/5 stars
Reading Challenges: Read My Own Damn Books; What's in a Name -- Tree (cheating just a bit here)
Despite her dear friend Jane Austen's warning against teaching, Arabella Dempsey accepts a position at a girls' school in Bath, just before Christmas. She hardly imagines coming face-to-face with French aristocrats and international spies.
Reginald "Turnip" Fitzhugh-often mistaken for the elusive spy known as the Pink Carnation-has blundered into danger before. When Turnip and Arabella find their Christmas pudding yielding a cryptic message, they are launched on a Yuletide adventure. Will they find poinsettias-or peril?
I so enjoy this series... This volume was a nice callback to the Twelfth Night celebration and Dovedale. I loved seeing the same party but from a different perspective. Arabella and Turnip were a great couple. They definitely fit well together. And it was nice to see that Turnip wasn't a complete idiot. My favorite parts were his interactions with Pinchingdale. Very fun! And it was nice to re-encounter characters from previous volumes. On to number 8!
- #1 The Secret History of the Pink Carnation
- #2 The Masque of the Black Tulip
- #3 The Deception of the Emerald Ring
- #4 The Seduction of the Crimson Rose
- #5 The Temptation of the Night Jasmine
- #6 The Betrayal of the Blood Lily
- #7 The Mischief of the Mistletoe
- #8 The Orchid Affair
- #8.5 Away in a Manger
- #8.7 Ivy and Intrigue
- #9 The Garden Intrigue
- #10 The Passion of the Purple Plumeria
- #11 The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla
- #12 The Lure of the Moonflower