As I look outside my window: Looking at the beautiful pink flowers on our trees out front. They only stay for a few weeks so we're enjoying them while they last.
Right now I am: Sitting on the couch, drinking some coffee while Arthur watches an episode of Chuggington.
Thinking and pondering: Wrapping my brain around some big news. Will share in a few weeks.
On my bedside table: ??? I have no idea what I'm going to read next. I could start March's book club books (Zeitoun by Dave Eggers and Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan) or I could pick another random choice from the TBR jar. Decisions decisions...
On my tv this week: Still a week behind on The Bachelor. I hope Olivia goes home in the one I'm still waiting to watch... J and I have been on a bit of a Limitless kick watching about 6 episodes this week. And we continued our absurd Fantastic Four movie marathon with the sequel. Up next, the reboot that gets 10% on Rotten Tomatoes. This should be interesting.
Listening to: Hamilton soundtrack. J finally picked it up and it's been on repeat in this house for days.
On the menu for this week:
- Monday - Apple Bacon Sweet Potatoes and Salad
- Tuesday - Egg, Bacon, and Cheese rollups and Oatmeal
- Wednesday - Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Thursday - BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Friday - Potato, Barley, Ham Soup
- Saturday - Leftovers
- Sunday - BBQ Ribs, Baked Potato
On my to do list: Working on decluttering Arthur's room this coming week. And making a pass at the hallway (where all the board games are). Beyond that I need to complete a few regular cleaning tasks (wipe down bathrooms, laundry, etc)
Happening this week:
- Monday - Probably staying in due to President's Day and no school
- Tuesday - Social Committee Brainstorming Meeting; As Social Director I'm hosting this one to get some good ideas going forward.
- Wednesday - Bay Area Discovery Museum; So far, no one else has signed up, but Arthur and I are planning on going no matter what.
- Thursday - Possible park visit during the morning and Stamp Club in the evening.
- Friday - ??? Probably house cleaning.
- Saturday - Happiness Project check-in meeting
- Sunday - Book Club (The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom) and Paint Nite
What I am creating: Still have a few February design team cards to finish up. Need to complete examples for stamp club on Thursday. And I'm hoping to make some real progress on the retreat crafts.
My simple pleasures: Fill-it-in puzzles, love curling up with a puzzle book and a pen at night.
Looking around the house: The downstairs is in pretty good condition after cleaning for the cookout on Saturday. Now I need to look to the upstairs.
From the camera: Showing off his Monster Box we made at the Valentines Exchange last week.