With the start of the new year, I'm changing up my usual Sunday wrap-up posts. I've grown tired of my format. I found this one somewhere on the internet and love it!
As I look outside my window: Overcast and rainy. Starting to miss the sunshine...
Thinking and pondering: What to do with the social committee and upcoming winter social? Long story short, I'm taking over as Social Director of my nonprofit parent group earlier than I had planned. Things are a bit in disarray and we have a social planned for Jan. 30th. Time to get my butt in gear and sort it all out...
On my bedside table: The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig; A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
On my tv this week: Ash vs. Evil Dead; Telenovela (surprisingly funny); Revenge (I will finish this series sometime soon)
Listening to: David Bowie tribute channel on Sirius XM, it's been a hard week
On the menu for this week:
- Monday - Vegetable Beef Soup and Baguette
- Tuesday - Lemon Chicken Skillet with Brussel Sprouts
- Wednesday - Chicken Parmesan Wraps
- Thursday - Tuscan Kale and White Bean Soup
- Friday - Pot Roast
- Saturday - Cookout
- Sunday - Leftovers
On my to do list:
- Sort out Social Committee
- Brainstorm for Cares Committee
- Finish my stamp club cards for Thursday
- Figure out my stamp club order for Thursday
- Finish my craftmas swap
- Finish my book club book (Jan. 31st)
- Clean Bathrooms (oh fun...)
- Make 4 design team cards
- Send out first retreat email
- Lots more I'm sure I'm forgetting right now...
Happening this week:
- Monday - Errands probably
- Tuesday - Cares Committee brainstorming meeting
- Wednesday - Visit to the parking lot sized sand box in Berkeley; it's only open this week so we have to take advantage of it!
- Thursday - Social Committee prep meeting
- Friday - Trip to the Bay Area Discovery Museum
- Saturday - Crop Day and Thirty-One Open House and dinner BBQ
- Sunday - Book club meeting (Chocolat by Joanne Harris)
What I am creating: Working on crafts for my Craftmas Secret Swap buddy. Can't tell you what I'm working on, but I'll be sure to share once I've sent it off.
My simple pleasures: Arthur going to bed at 8pm (he didn't while we were in Indiana...), cup of tea before bed, time to read, my couch
Looking around the house: The bathrooms haven't been cleaned since I left for Indiana in early December. J's not big on the cleaning. And I need to do another closet cleanout.
From the camera: Arthur really loves his baby (panda Care Bear)