Two months into my second attempt at 101 in 1001 and things are moving along swimmingly...
What I did:
8. Choose and document One Little Word 2015 and 2016 -- Still keeping my word at the front of my mind. I've finished Arthur's two rooms and started major work on some of the others. I need to tackle the twins' room when I get back to Indiana.
13. Pass 500 books for Arthur's 1000 Books Before Kindergarten -- We're up to 183 different books so far! Hopefully we can get to the library soon for another good new book haul.
14. Throw a Favorite Things party -- Did this as an activity at our women's retreat. It was so much fun, we're going to do a kid's version after I get back from Indiana.
21. Make 10 non-greeting card crafts on my Pinterest boards -- I made some great gift tags for the retreat, a welcome baby banner for a shower, favor boxes for a bridal shower, and decorated chalkboard signs for the shower. So that's four different crafts down!
26. Read 50 of my owned unread books -- For February, I read 6 of my own unread books! Woohoo! Progress!
28. Read 100,000 pages toward 1,000,000 page goal -- February's total pages read was 2226 which puts me at 4271 pages so far.
29. Finish 2015 and 2016 Project Life book (family and Arthur) -- Still plugging along on this. Loving how the new monthly format is working out!
34. Make 250 different greeting cards -- 14 different designs made this month! I had some great inspiration from Stampin' Up's Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs. 229 to go!
37. Finish watching every Star Trek television episode and movie -- Still working on this goal.
42. Participate in 30 Days of Lists 2x -- Almost finished with March's edition. I love this little twice (and sometimes three) times a year challenge.
45. Make 50 new recipes -- Four new recipes, all winners, for this month!
- Garlic Parmesan Salmon: Not enough flavor, but I can probably fix it next time
- Texas Cheese Fries: So good! And I made a light version with less fat.
- Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Asparagus: I added black olives to this recipe and loved it. So easy to make and great for leftovers!
- Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup: Very good recipe and so yummy!
54. Try 25 new restaurants -- We tried five new restaurants this month: Diggers (decent burgers), Buffalo Bill's Brewery (not very good), Postales Taqueria (yum yum), Top Thai (decent), and Acqua E' Farina (decent Italian place).
61. Get three pedicures -- Getting one done today as part of the bachelorette party I organized.
88. Buy the perfect LBD -- Another part of the bachelorette party. Our dress code was LBDs with lots of bling.
Remaining goals and total:
Friends, Family, and Love 1. Send out homemade holiday cards in December 2. Build a snowman 3. Complete 52 once a week photos of Arthur 4. Spend a day at the beach 5. Date nights x 20 6. Complete a Jar of Life 7. Host a tea party 9. Write a personal manifesto 11. Give 5 Just Because gifts 12. Give Arthur 25 pictures books in 25 days for December 2015 16. Take Arthur and twins to go see Santa
Crafting and Culture 17. Attend an opera or musical 18. Reread the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit 20. Finish one of my Perpetual Reading Challenges 22. Ask 20 friends to suggest one book, and read them all 23. Watch a meteor shower 24. Attend 5 concerts (1/5) 25. Complete 10 Day in the Life posts 27. Tour a factory 30. Finish 2015 and 2015 December Daily 31. Catch up the twins scrapbook albums 32. Watch 100 different TED Talks and do a short review/analysis on the blog (new series) 33. Watch/rewatch every Academy Awards Best Picture since the year I was born (1982)
- 1982: Gandhi
- 1983: Terms of Endearment
- 1984: Amadeus
- 1985: Out of Africa
- 1986: Platoon
- 1987: The Last Emperor
- 1988: Rain Man
- 1989: Driving Miss Daisy
- 1990: Dances with Wolves
- 1991: Silence of the Lambs
- 1992: Unforgiven
- 1993: Schindler's List
- 1994: Forrest Gump
- 1995: Braveheart
- 1996: The English Patient
- 1997: Titanic
- 1998: Shakespeare in Love
- 1999: American Beauty
- 2000: Gladiator
- 2001: A Beautiful Mind
- 2002: Chicago
- 2003: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- 2004: Million Dollar Baby
- 2005: Crash
- 2006: The Departed
- 2007: No Country for Old Men
- 2008: Slumdog Millionaire
- 2009: The Hurt Locker
- 2010: The King's Speech
- 2011: The Artist
- 2012: Argo
- 2013: 12 Years a Slave
- 2014: TBD
- 2015: TBD
- 2016: TBD
35. See a drive-in movie 36. Listen to every song by The Beatles 38. Have a Pixar movie month 39. Complete The Artist's Way 40. Complete a year of no book buying 41. Learn Ruby on rails 43. Go to 5 tourist things in San Francisco
Food and Drink 44. Take a cooking class 46. Open a cookbook to a random page and make what ever is one it 47. Give up dining out for one month 48. Try Whole30 49. Make a pie on PI day 50. Meal plan for an entire month 51. Make fresh pasta 52. Learn to make a good martini 53. Do a brewery tour 55. Try 5 new to me foods 56. No pop for a month
Health and Fitness 57. Lose 2 pants sizes 58. Walk a 5K 59. Get a massage 60. Take a yoga class 62. Do a spa day 63. Meditate daily for a month 64. Complete a 30 miles in 30 days challenge 65. Get lasik 66. Get CPR certified again
Travel 67. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast 68. Go on a vacation with Josh 69. Visit the Redwoods (any park) 70. Travel to a new state
Philanthropic 72. Donate something extra at each MVPA social x 10 (1/10) 71. Give a 100% tip 73. Pay it forward at Starbucks/coffeeshop 74. Donate to a Kickstarter campaign I love
Financial 75. Two week money fast (starting with full gas tanks and a full pantry) 76. Open an Etsy shop 77. Cash in my piggy bank for something special and frivolous
Miscellaneous 79. Get Arthur's tattoo 80. Get a passport 81. Get rid of 100 things 82. Learn how to use our DSLR 83. Take one free online class 84. Make a chalk mural on the balcony/driveway 85. Finish a Soduku puzzle 86. Grow something from a seed 87. Complete a coloring book 89. Take an IQ test 90. Play Bingo in a bingo hall 91. Go horseback riding or hiking 92. Participate in 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge 93. Unplug completely for 24 hours 94. Officially close my Hotmail account 95. Go to a convention (blogging, SU,etc) 96. Dye my hair purple 97. Revamp my wardrobe 98.Take real photos of me for my blogs 99. Post a vlog 100. Go apple/berry/etc picking