Title: Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke #3)
Author: Julia Quinn
Publisher: Avon Books 2010
Genre: Historical Romance
Rating: 4/5 stars
Reading Challenges: Mount TBR; Seriously Series; Monthly Key Word - September (Number); Lucky No. 14 - First Letter's Rule
Ten Things You Should Know About This Book
1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.
2. Annabel Winslow's family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.
3. Sebastian's uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.
4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.
5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.
6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.
7 is shocking, 8 is delicious, and 9 is downright wicked, all of which lead the way to
10. Happily. Ever. After.
I started this book on the strength of the second in the series. I was not disappointed. It turned out better than the second book. I loved the characters of Annabel and Sebastian. I loved their predicament. I loved the storyline. Until we got to the last 30 pages. A bit disappointed about the almost deus ex machina, but then fake out. The writing got a bit clunky at the end. But overall, a solid historical romance.