Title: Resident Evil
Year Released/Rating: 2002 R
Starring: Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, James Purefoy
Directed By: Paul W.S. Anderson
Written By: Paul W.S. Anderson
Genre: Horror, action
Star Rating: 5/5 stars
Where I Got It: I own it!
- Like in the games, after something is switched on/off, something else happens elsewhere. When the Red Queen is deactivated for the first time, all doors elsewhere are opened.
- Milla Jovovich's character's name, Alice, is only revealed during the credits.
- When Matt's arm begins to mutate there are no digital effects until the very end.
- The pass code for opening the door in dining hall B, the one Kaplan has trouble remembering, is 04031965. Writer/Director Paul W.S. Anderson was born on 04 March 1965.
- Milla Jovovich did all of her own stunts except the pipe jump in the sewer scene. She used a stunt double in that scene, because her agent thought she would get strangled by the hanging wires.
- The crew had a hard time dealing with the dogs who kept licking the blood and meat off themselves.
- All the minor cuts and bruises on Milla Jovovich's character are real. No make-up was applied.
Summary: A special military unit fights a powerful, out-of-control supercomputer and hundreds of scientists who have mutated into flesh-eating creatures after a laboratory accident.
I know this movie is super cheesy, but I love it so much. It's a great adventure ride with twists and turns, zombies and monsters, and even some human monsters. The first appearance of the zombies in the "cafeteria" is very scary and jumpy. I love it! The movie starts to fall apart a little with the appearance of the "lickers." I know that that zombies mutant in the video games, but these were a bit cheesy looking. Even with that, I love this movie way too much.
- Red Queen: You're all going to die down here.
- [Alice points her gun at Rain] Rain: I'm not dead yet. [Rain takes the gun from Alice] Rain: I think I'll take this back. Alice: I could kiss you, you bitch!
- Red Queen: I've been a bad, bad girl.
- Rain: All the people that were working here are dead. Spence: Well, that isn't stopping them from walking around.
- Red Queen: I can give you the code, but first you must do something for me. Alice: What? Red Queen: One of your group has been infected. I require her life for the code.