Welcome to the Fun n’ Crafty Blog Hop for March. This month we are all about birthdays. I love designed birthday cards as you can be as crazy or as subdued as you want to be! My card is very simple (just three layers), but packs a large color punch. I've been enjoying coloring lately and had to showcase the technique.
I started with a simple yet bold sentiment in the middle of my white piece. From there I stamped the birthday cake in random spots. I then filled in the empty spaces with the star stamp (from Perfect Pennants). I adhered the stamped piece to a layer of Back to Black DSP. Then came the fun part -- coloring! I picked a few bright markers from my stash and went to town coloring different bits of the birthday cake. After finishing, I realized that while the small hexagon pattern on the DSP was fun, it was too boring in black and white. I colored that as well in a rainbow pattern. Now the card is complete! With all the bright colors and bold images this card would be perfect for a teen birthday.
Do you want the birthday cake stamp? Well it's a part of the Big Day stamp set that's only available as a SAB reward. Through March 31st, spend $50 from any catalog and you get to pick on SAB item for free! It's Stampin' Up's best deal of the year. To make it easy, here's a package of products to order to be able to get that great stamp set!
- Perfect Pennants Stamp Set (Clear) $21.95 133230
- Brights Collection Markers $28.95 131259
- Total $50.90
- Free: Choose Big Day Clear 139112 or Wood 139109
Full product list:
- Stamps: Perfect Pennants; Big Day (SAB)
- Inks: Staz-on Black; Daffodil Delight; Rich Razzleberry; Gumball Green (retired); Summer Sun (retired); Pink Passion (retired); Tempting Turquoise; Tangelo Twist; Elegant Eggplant
- Cardstock: Strawberry Slush; Whisper White; Back to Black DSP