Welcome everyone to The Craft Sea! I've been wading through the craft sea for a few years now (since ~2006) and would love to share my adventures with you. I am a scrapbooker both traditional and Project Life style, card maker, and random crafter. I stick mostly to paper crafts, but that doesn't mean that I won't ever try something different. I lean towards simple and clean designs in all my crafts. I've been expanding my repertoire of techniques and favorite designs these past few months and hope to share some with you. And as of this year, I have become a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. Hopefully this new venture will allow me to share my love of crafting with even more people.
On the personal side, I am a SAHM of three boys (twins March 2003, singleton October 2013). I love reading, crafting (of course), and playing with my kids. I am a lifelong learner who hopes to go back to school for a new degree in the near future. I was previously a high school social studies teacher (focus on U.S. History) and then a project manager for an educational technology company. We moved from Indiana by way of Nebraska to sunny northern California (San Fran Bay Area) in 2012 and couldn't be happier. My life here has been a big change. Being without family and friends, I had to find a whole new social group. Thankfully, I've met some great crafting ladies and a mom's group through Meetup. Definitely check out Meetup; it's a great way to meet new people with shared interests. I also write a more general life blog at Wading Through the Ocean of Life. There I share kid updates, book reviews, music, movies, fashion, and random thoughts. Come check me out!
Programming Notes: My goal is to have a post a day. Lofty, but still attainable. To help myself out, I have created a weekly schedule of features. Here's the types of posts you can expect to see each day of the week:
- Monday -- Highlighted craft (greeting card, traditional scrapbook layout, journal, etc)
- Tuesday -- Alternating Essential Products / Basic Technique
- Wednesday -- Stampin' Up News
- Thursday -- New Discoveries (new fave products, sites, ideas, techniques, etc)
- Friday -- Project Life (weekly spread, new products, helpful hints, etc)
- Saturday -- Highlighted craft (greeting card, traditional scrapbook layout, journal, etc)
- Sunday -- Sunday Haul (post about my weekly crafting purchases)