October's TBR Pile (12/20):
- MVPA Book Club Selection: Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly √
- Series Pick: Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell (not pictured) √
- Nonfiction Pick: Reading People by Anne Bogel √
- Nonfiction Pick: The Last Stand by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Read Your Book Shelf Pick: The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
- Discworld Pick: The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett (iPad)
- Scary Pick: The Dream Cycle of H.P. Lovecraft
- Scary Pick: The Gates by John Connolly √
- Scary Pick: Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff √
- Scare Pick: 99 Coffins by David Wellington
- Scary Pick: Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
- Scary Pick: 8.4 Peter Hernon √
- Nonfiction Scary Pick: The Devil in the Shape of a Woman by Carol Karlsen
- Nonfiction Scary Pick: The Poet and the Murderer by Simon Worrall
- More Nonfiction: The Tea Reader edited by Katrina Avila Munichiello √
- Food Pick: Voracious by Cara Nicoletti √
- Cozy Mystery: A Cast-Off Coven by Juliet Blackwell (not pictured; library hold) √
- Added: The Mummy by Anne Rice (iPad) √
- Added: The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson (not pictured) √
- Added: Haunted Castles by Ray Russell √
1,000,000 Page Goal:
Monthly Total: 3606 pages
Pages Remaining: 706,286 pages
Current Read - The Devil in the Shape of a Woman; Hexes and Hemlines
Books I Gave Up On (0)
Books bought/received (0)
November's TBR Pile:
- MVPA Book Club Selection: The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- MVPA Book Club Selection: Bonk by Mary Roach
- Series Pick: In a Witches Wardrobe by Juliet Blackwell (not pictured, library hold)
- Nonfiction Pick: 1776 by David McCullough
- Read Your Book Shelf Pick: Star of the Sea by Joseph O' Connor
- Classics Pick: The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton
- Currently Reading: Hexes and Hemlines by Juliet Blackwell
- Currently Reading: The Devil in the Shape of a Woman by Carol Karlsen
- Scary Pick: Omega Days by John Campbell
- Library random pick: Bad Girls Throughout History by Ann Shen
- Extra: Tarnished and Torn by Juliet Blackwell (not pictured, library hold)
- Extra: A Vision in Velvet by Juliet Blackwell
- Extra: Spellcasting in Silk by Juliet Blackwell
- Extra: A Toxic Trousseau by Juliet Blackwell
- Why Him -- Stupid, but it had it's moments.
- The Little Hours -- Fairly entertaining. Apparently we decided to go from one Franco to the other this month...
- Spiderman: Homecoming -- We finally saw this and really enjoed it. A good sueprhero movie that didn't dwell so much on the teenage angst. Thank goodness.
- Despicable Me 3 -- Mildly entertaining
- Crimson Peak -- Finally! It's been sitting on the server for so long and we finally watched it.
- The Haunting (1963) -- A very true adaptation of the book. The voice-over is weird, but I see what the filmakers were trying to do.
- The Haunting (1999) -- Such a bad movie. After reading the book, I understand just how bad it is...
- Baby Driver -- We're huge fans of Edgar Wright and this did not disappoint. And the soundtrack is amazing.
TV Shows watched
- Episodes S5 -- Sad this show is over, but it was oh so good! And I don't even mind the feel-good ending.
- Last Week Tonight -- Always a bit depressing, but we love it.
- Adam Ruins Everything -- Even Arthur enjoys this one.
- Avatar S3 -- Arthur and I finally finished this series.
- Dirk Gently S2 -- Love this totally weirdo show!
- The Good Place S2 -- Every week we debate theories about what is going to happen. Love it!
- Star Trek: Discovery S1 -- We're still watching and have our theories, but still waiting for more philosophical discussions...
- Stranger Things S2 -- Oh my goodness!!!
Comments - I killed the FrighFall Readathon this month! 8 of my 12 books read were "scary" reads. And I passed 3500 pages for the month. November won't be this good for reading, but I'll take some entertaining reads.
Next up on the TBR pile: