November's TBR Pile (14/20):
- MVPA Book Club Selection: The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman ✓
- MVPA Book Club Selection: Bonk by Mary Roach
- Series Pick: In a Witch's Wardrobe by Juliet Blackwell (not pictured, library hold) ✓
- Nonfiction Pick: 1776 by David McCullough
- Read Your Book Shelf Pick: Star of the Sea by Joseph O' Connor
- Classics Pick: The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton ✓
- Currently Reading: Hexes and Hemlines by Juliet Blackwell ✓
- Currently Reading: The Devil in the Shape of a Woman by Carol Karlsen ✓
- Scary Pick: Omega Days by John Campbell ✓
- Library random pick: Bad Girls Throughout History by Ann Shen ✓
- Extra: Tarnished and Torn by Juliet Blackwell (not pictured, library hold) ✓
- Extra: A Vision in Velvet by Juliet Blackwell
- Extra: Spellcasting in Silk by Juliet Blackwell
- Extra: A Toxic Trousseau by Juliet Blackwell
- Added: A Bridge Across the Ocean by Susan Meissner ✓
- Added: The Coldest City by Antony Johnston ✓
- Added: How to Talk to Girls at Parties by Neil Gaiman ✓
- Added: Saga Vol. 7 ✓
- Added: East of West Vol. 7 ✓
- Added: The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark ✓
1,000,000 Page Goal:
Monthly Total: 3643 pages
Pages Remaining: 702,643 pages
Current Read - Bonk by Mary Roach; A Vision in Velvet by Juliet Blackwell
Books I Gave Up On (0)
Books bought/received (0)
December's TBR Pile:
- MVPA Book Club Selection: The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman (January meeting)
- Series Pick: The Water Witch by Juliet Dark
- Nonfiction Pick: Goldilocks and the Water Bears by Louisa Preston
- Read Your Book Shelf Pick: Star of the Sea by Joseph O'Connor
- Classics Pick: ???
- Carryover: Bonk by Mary Roach
- Currently Reading: A Vision in Velvet by Juliet Blackwell
- Carryover/Must Finish Read: Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
- Cozy Mystery: Spellcasting in Silk by Juliet Blackwell
- Paranormal Fiction: The Stone Angel by Juliet Dark
- Get Hard -- Somewhat entertaining.
- Sky High -- J was surprised I had never seen this one. It was way better than I thought it would be based off the description.
- Hotel Transylvania -- Arthur's pick. Decent animated movie.
- Hotel Transylvania 2 -- And then Arthur had to watch the sequel.
- The Hitman's Bodyguard -- J's pick and a highly entertaining one at that. Loved it! We laughed so hard.
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets -- I wanted some fun Luc Besson and this delivered. Plot holes, but it was entertaining.
- The House -- Definitely had entertaining parts. Love Raffi!
- Lost in La Mancha -- Wow! That film production was a train wreck!
- Hearts of Darkness -- Documentary kick last week... Pretty interesting
- Man of Steel -- J finally convinced me to watch this one (after an entire bottle of wine) and it was just as bad as I thought it was going to be. Ugh!
- Batman v Superman -- This movie was so boring! And 3 hours long! I'm amazed I made it through. Really the only parts I cared about where scenes featuring Alfred and Wonder Woman. Otherwise, didn't care.
- Suicide Squad -- This one was just confusing. What was the tone? Did any character grow? What changed in the DC Universe after this movie?
TV Shows watched
- Stranger Things S2 -- Holy cow! Still adore this show even though I felt like this season was a lot of set-up for season 3 instead of a contained storyline.
- Star Trek: Discovery -- Still sticking with this one even with the issues. We finished the first half of S1, but there were problems.
- Zapped -- Our current random British comedy. It has it's moments.
- Stan vs. Evil S1 -- Oh my! This was way too funny!
Comments - November turned out to be a great reading month. I thought I was going to hit a slump after October's craziness, but I surprised myself. I read a ton of books and knocked out a few reading challenge slots. On the TV and movie front, we watched a fair amount. We even forced ourselves to watch the start of the DC Universe movies even though they were painful. We'll see what happens for December...
Next up on the TBR pile: