Let’s check in on April's goals and my progress.
- Clean out the downstairs closet -- Fail.
- Read 15 books -- Success!
- Meal plan for all of April -- Success! I even worked in a few new recipes.
- Do a clothes clean-out for me and the boys -- Fail
- Figure out our summer travel plans -- Fail
- Knock off 5 items from my Spring Bucket list -- Fail. We only check off two tasks: host a cookout and visit Happy Hollow. We did make progress on visiting five parks and going to Chabot twice. Our beach day had to be rescheduled due to weather. I'm hoping May offers some good opportunities for activites.
- Try 5 new recipes -- Sorta fail. I didn't get to 5 new recipes, but we did try 2 new ones...
- Spinach and Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken -- Needed more blue cheese
- Caribbean Salmon Quinoa Bowls -- Pretty good...
- Create a grocery and activity budget and stick to it -- Success!
- Care Exchange cards -- I had a plan to send out thank you cards to the exchange participants. I've worked through about 30% of the participants. Need to get the others sent out, but first stamps must be bought!
- Finalize summer plans (buy plane tickets!) -- This is getting super close, need to lock our plans down.
- Figure out J's travel plans -- He has to go overseas for work sometime soon. I need dates!
- Institute a library ban for me -- Except for the book club selection and any series I'm currently reading, I am not going to check other books out from the library. Need to get back to my own shelves for awhile.
- Clean out that darn downstairs closet! -- Seriously, I will tackle this one in May!
- Knock off 5 items from my Spring Bucket list -- I need to be a bit more intentional this month. I'm thinking a few crafts, more parks, another visit to Chabot, a beach day, and maybe some food related ones.
- Plan out a sample schedule for summer -- I like to space out our big activities and fill in with smaller and cheaper ones. Need to get on this!
- Get my hair dyed! -- A friend has offered to dye my hair. We talked about what I wanted. Now we need to find a time and actually do it. This may have to get pushed to June due to schedules, but I at least want to get it on the calendar.
- Schedule our first pool day -- The company has to come and do the big chemical dump, but it should be ready early this month.
Next up on the TBR list: