December's TBR Pile (8/12):
- MVPA Book Club Selection: The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman (January meeting)
- Series Pick: The Water Witch by Juliet Dark ✓
- Nonfiction Pick: Goldilocks and the Water Bears by Louisa Preston
- Read Your Book Shelf Pick: Star of the Sea by Joseph O'Connor ✓
- Carryover: Bonk by Mary Roach ✓
- Currently Reading: A Vision in Velvet by Juliet Blackwell ✓
- Carryover/Must Finish Read: Voyager by Diana Gabaldon ✓
- Cozy Mystery: Spellcasting in Silk by Juliet Blackwell
- Paranormal Fiction: The Stone Angel by Juliet Dark
- Added: A Christmas to Remember by Lis Kleypas, Lorraine Heath, Megan Frampton, Vivienne Lorret ✓
- Added: Christmas Magic by Ginny Baird ✓
- Added: The Sometime Bride by Ginny Baird ✓
1,000,000 Page Goal:
Monthly Total: 3334 pages
Pages Remaining: 699.309 pages
Current Read - The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman; No Time Like the Past by Jodi Taylor; Wonder Woman Comics
Books I Gave Up On (0)
Books bought/received (2) -- Both came from my Broke and the Bookish Secret Santa.
- I, Jane by Diane Haeger
- Hand Lettering by Megan Wells
January's TBR Pile (no picture as I'm still in Indiana):
- MVPA Book Club Selection: The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
- TBR Pile: Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
- Reading Assignment: Arabian Nights
- Book of the Month Club December (my first one shipped late): The English Wife by Lauren Willig
- Book of the Month Club (January): As Bright as Heaven by Susan Meissner
- Series Pick: Spellcasting in Silk by Juliet Blackwell
- Series Pick: No Time Like the Past by Jodi Taylor
- Nonfiction Pick: The Origin of Satan by Elaine Pagels
- Classics Pick: The Bostonians by Henry James
- Comics: The Walking Dead Vol. 27
- Comics: Diana Prince Wonder Woman Vol. 1
- Comics: Diana Prince Wonder Woman Vol. 2
- Comics: Diana Prince Wonder Woman Vol. 3
- Comics: Diana Prince Wonder Woman Vol. 4
- Comics: Wonder Woman Rebirth Vol. 1
- Comics: Wonder Woman Rebirth Vol. 2
- Romance Pick: The Governess of Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky
- Romance Pick: The Daughter of Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky
- Romance Pick: A Refuge at Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky
- Christmas in the Smokies -- Love a good cheesy Christmas movie. Although this one suffered from an unneeded religious bent.
- A Christmas Prince -- My silly Netflix movie. Mildly entertaining while I addressed Christmas cards.
- A Dogwalker’s Christmas Tale -- Silly stupid romantic comedy, but I do love my cheesy Christmas movies.
- Christmas Crush/Holiday High School Reunion -- Super silly movie, but I enjoyed it. Totally Mean Girls 10 years later and set at Christmas.
- My Santa -- Not my favorite. There was no chemistry between the leads.
- Christmas in the City -- Weird carryover from Christmas Crush, but this one was decent.
- Merry Kissmas -- Loved the Nutcracker theme of this one.
- The Italian Job -- J was surprised that I had never watched this one. Very enjoyable 1960s action film.
- Naughty & Nice -- Except for the male lead's name (seriously Pepper?), I actually enjoyed this one.
- How Sarah Got Her Wings -- Tone was off on this one. Not a huge fan.
- La La Land -- I finally watched this one and completely fell into the movie. Love the entire look and feel of this one.
- A Princess for Christmas -- Definitely cheesy in places, but I liked this one.
- Christmas Inheritance -- This one was better than I thought it would be.
- Me Before You -- How did I miss seeing this movie? I loved the book when I read it a few years back. Definitely a tear-jerker.
- Bridget Jones's Baby -- I enjoyed the first two movies, I enjoyed this one. Love Colin Firth, not a huge fan of Renee but that's okay.
- Rough Night -- I was under the impression that this was a crazy comedy, but it was a lot darker than I was anticipating. Still pretty decent.
- Maleficent -- I actually really liked this one. Maybe because Maleficent was always my favorite the Disney villains.
- Shin Godzilla -- Our New Year's Eve movie pick. The twins were a bit bored, but I really enjoyed it.
TV Shows watched
- People of Earth S1 -- We finished the first season before I left. Holy cow! That was good! Can't wait to start S2.
- Dirk Gently S2 -- J gets to watch the finale without me. Boo! Hope I can stream it here...
- Lizzie Borden Chronicles -- So campy! But I'm loving it!
Comments - For the crazy traveling and random childcare crap this month, my reading totals are very respectable. My last book of 2017 was finished on Dec. 22nd. From there I'm counting any reading for 2018 as I'm not likely to finish another book before the New Year. I'm also looking forward to all the new reading challenges. On the watched front, I knocked off a huge list of movies for the holidays. Byproduct of the kiddos not sleeping while here in Indiana. Oh well, at least I was fairly entertained.
Next up on the TBR pile: