Prompt: Share a list of your current goals.
I always have a list of to-dos a mile long, but for this post, I tried to narrow it down into a few bigger goals I have.
- Make it through the next few weeks -- J is out of the country on a work trip so I'm solo parenting until he comes back on the 16th. Arthur's 3rd birthday party is being held on the 17th. So along with the usual house things, I have a big event coming up to deal with. On top of everything, I'm nearing the end of this pregnancy. Focusing on getting through the next few weeks.
- Finish prepping for the baby -- Baby Quentin will be arriving within the next month. I still have a few things that need to be done to prep. I need to pack my hospital bag, finish organizing the clothes, buy some more diapers, fill the rest of the freezer with prepped meals, and finish up some nursery odds and ends.
- Finish prepping for crafting events through September -- I'll be taking a bit of leave from my crafting business during the month of October, but first I have a few events to finish. I need to prep for a crop day on the 11th, finish the stamp club projects for the 15th, prep the card buffet for the 11th and 20th, and make the rest of the October design team cards. I also want to put all the leftover garage sale items away in the garage until November or so.
- Knock out a few more books before baby comes -- While I have relatively unemcumbered time, I want to make September's reading count. My Happiness Project focus for September is Passion and my passion is reading. I'm hoping for at least 3000 pages and at least 6 books read for the month. I also want to have my TBR piles organized for the rest of the year. I hate having to spend time figuring out what I'm reading next. I want a ready to go pile for when the baby comes.
- Buy all the food and finish prepping for Arthur's birthday party -- I have all the decor and favor bag items purchased. Obviously I will need to decorate the week before the party and clean up the house in preparation, but more importantly I need to finalize the groceyr list and buy the food. I can do this!
- Clean the house -- I plan to do a big downstairs clean before Arthur's party, but I also just want to do a big total house clean before the baby comes. I know I won't be able to do much housework after my c-section, so I need to take advantage of time and energy now.
- Organize Arthur's clothes for the fall/winter -- As part of my house cleaning, I need to take another pass at Arthur's wardrobe for fall/winter. I know he will need new sneakers (his currents are getting small and torn up), but I'm sure he will need a few more pieces before it gets chilly again. I also know there are some current items that need to be retired to the hand-me-down bins.
- Focus on using my planner more to document daily notes and activities -- I love my Happy Planner, but I've been slacking lately. I need to spend some time using it more effectively, but also making small notes in it (a la memory keeping). This will come in handy have the baby comes and I'm trying to recall when he first smiled or laughed or such things.