Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
This week is a freebie week, so I'm going to cover a topic missed earlier this year. Today's list includes my beach reads for this summer!
- East of West comics series -- Comics are perfect for the lazy summer days of summer. I love that I can finish a volume in one sitting. Currently, I'm diving into the East of West series.
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood -- A reread is always a perfect choice for summer. I'll be rereading this for an upcoming book club.
- Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon -- Diving into an epic story is perfect for summer. I hope to get to the third book in the series, Voyager, while lounging around.
- Thunderstruck by Eric Larson -- I love narrative history and Larson is the master. Somehow I haven'[t read this one yet. Need to fix that this summer.
- The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick -- A classic I haven't read with an accompanying movie/tv adaptation sounds great for summer. And this one has been on my list for awhile now. Definitely adding it to my pile.
- An Innocent, A Broad by Ann Leary -- A funny memoir seems perfect for the summer. Can't wait to dive into this one for an upcoming book club.
- Variety of cooking books -- Something about summer draws me to the cooking section of the library shelves. I imagine I will be pulling a couple of these that include great pictures.