Prompt: Share your style. What fashion trends do you love, frequent, or avoid?
Ha! This prompt comes at a very weird time for me style-wise. I just complete my first capsule wardrobe and it was very eye-opening. I realized a few things:
- I hate most of the clothing in my closet -- It doesn't really fit well. Most was bought because it was cheap. The pieces don't really coordinate at all.
- I would like to invest in more expensive, but great quality items.
- I would like to limit my color palette to something more manageable that all coordinates.
- I need comfy, yet put-together pieces to chase a toddler all day.
- I need to pay attention to fit. The items must fit right now (not when I lose 10lbs, etc) for me to buy it.
With these things in mind, I have been thinking a lot about what I want to look like. I like a mix of bohemian and classic styles. Think flowy tops with lace some days and crisp shorts and a chambray top and black pants the next day. Somehow I want to mix these two styles to crate a wardrobe that I actually wear.