For this year's reading challenges, I decided to do something very different and drastic. I am going to read women authors. I feel like I've been neglecting all those wonderful female authors sitting on my shelves. I will be tailoring my challenge participation to account for this overall goal. I do have a few exceptions. I may read a male author if 1) I've already started the series and desperately want to finish it (i.e. Song of Ice and Fire) 2) It is a book club selection (out of my hands) or 3) If it is a male author writing nonfiction specifically about a women subject (e.g. a biography of Kate Chopin). Other than those three exceptions, I want to discover some wonderful women authors.
From Book Dragon's Lair:
For all of you who still love picture books but find they don't qualify for your other challenges. . . You know you're going to read them, they might as well count!
- Challenge runs from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015
- Read picture books.
- Pick a number and go for it. Twelve too easy? Go for 20. Piece of cake? Go for 40.
- Books you own and library check outs count. So do ebooks and re-reads.
- Please post about the challenge and sign up with a direct link.
- A blog is not necessary, just link to where you talk about the challenge
- Reviews are not necessary but would be nice (so we know which ones to read ourselves!) A link for reviews will be posted in January.
I'm going for 150 books! We easily passed that last year, so it should be easy peasy.