A slightly better week, but we're still struggling with the sleep issue.
Likes: Music, clapping, food, sock monkeys (all of his)
Dislikes: Sleeping, schedules, when mom leaves
Sleeping: We're still in sleep hell. Sunday night he decided to just not sleep. I got maybe 4 hours of sleep spread out over a 10 hour period. Not fun at all. Consequently he was cranky all day Monday (me too!).
Eating: Still all the things. His new favorite food is potato salad. Weird! But he chooses it over fruit so I guess he really likes it. He also loves pizza (big surprise) and pasta right now.
Playing: Besides clapping all the time, we're still rolling balls back and forth and stacking things. He also got an early birthday present that we will debut next week. Right now he's checking it out, but still a little wary. At playdates, he's been interacting more with the people and things around him.
- Engaging in parallel play with age-mates -- Check! He really enjoys playdates now and tends to watch other babies play. He then jumps in and starts playing. So cute!
- Starting to speak specific words/variations of words -- Well, sorta. When he wants something specific, he yells and gestures in the general direction. We then have to decipher the meaning. No recognizable words, but communication is improving.
- Venturing away from mom and dad and exploring -- Check! At playdates, he's out and about and not usually by me. He tends to cling at home, but in public he wants very little to do with me. I guess that's good.
Schedule: Oh what I wouldn't give to have a schedule again!
Out and About:
- Playdate at Mariposa Park
- Playdate at War Memorial Park
- Coffee with a friend (and soon-to-be new mom)
- Grocery store visit
- Playdate at Rengstorff
- Deer Hollow Farm visit
- Book club brunch at Hobee's