Being sick sucks! J was sick for a week, Arthur and I are about to start week 3. This cold is just hanging around...
Listening To: Random iTunes shuffle and Bastille's "Bad Blood" over and over and over. So good!
Book finished: American Gods; The Strain; A Vindication of the Rights of Woman
Reading: Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews
On the Nightstand: Tapestry of Fortunes by Elizabeth Berg; Devil in the White City by Erik Larson; Stranger Than Fiction by Chuck Palahniuk
Making Lists: Lots of lists this week
- Grocery and meal plan -- I'm pulling together a meal plan list for the entirety of summer. Yes, I am a bit of an over planner. And yet my list should make the summer go by a bit easier.
- SU wish list -- New catalog is live in just over a week... I've got catalog highlighted with things I want, now to narrow down to a manageable wish list.
- Craft projects -- Trying to stay on top of swaps, blog hops, and occasions (birthdays, etc).
- Summer Bucket List -- Putting the finishing touches on our summer bucket list. I'll be sharing what it looks like (hint: I used SU's Epic Day This and That journal to document) over at my craft blog soon.
- Baby-proofing -- A few last minute items (like what to do with the LEGO Millennium Falcon)
Around the house: Putting the finishing touches on our baby-proofing project. The boys' room and living room are baby-proofed. We're still debating about the short bookcase in the "hallway" between the kitchen counter and boys' room. I just might clear it and make it a toy bookcase. I even remembered to get J to lower Arthur's crib mattress. He's almost pulling up to his feet and I was having nightmares of him flipping over the top of his crib. He's now very far down and would have to actually climb the crib to get out.
From the kitchen: Made a few lackluster recipes that won't be added to our rotation. However, I did finally find a sloppy joe recipe that I actually like. I just need to add chili powder, basil, and oregano to the recipe. Yum yum.
Watching: Lots of documentaries for my 30 days goal for May including Cosmos and Out of Egypt series. A full list will appear in my June Life Goals post.
From Nature: After a couple of 90 degrees days, we're back to 75-83 degrees. Love this weather!
Shopping Scores: I managed to make it to Target yesterday to stock up on things like toilet paper. While there, I grabbed a few tees for me (always need great fitting tees to throw on) and a cute shorts outfit (with neon dino wearing sunglasses!), onesies that fit, and a hoodie for Arthur. We should be set on clothes for him until fall (or until he has another huge growth spurt).
Project: Working on the craft blog and my SU demonstrator business. Lots of work that will hopefully pay off in the near future.
Picture: Bopping himself on the face with his beloved Sophie while friend Luke looks on...