Last week was full of fun baby activities! We had a great week and even a return to a more normal sleeping schedule.
Likes: Crawling, food, baby friends, paper, grass
Dislikes: Not being allowed to eat paper, when mom spoons the food too slow
Sleeping: We're back to a fairly normal sleeping schedule. Down at 7:30pm, up at around 10:30pm or 11pm for a feeding, down until around 7am. Decent. I'll take it.
Eating: We now have a piggy pig on our hands. He eats anything I give him and still eyes all my food. We're attempting to add in more solid foods in addition to all the various purees. He's really warmed up to the vanilla puffs (think cheerios) and avocado.
Playing: He's so much more interactive now. He loves playing airplane, wrestling with the sock monkey, playing tug of war with mom, playing in the jumper, and "reading" books. At the playdate this week, he actually interacted with the other babies. He's shown an interest in other kids, but still prefers to play with mom.
- Working on language skills by conversing with people -- Check! We have "conversations" all the time now. He loves to "answer" my questions and ask his own. It's so adorable.
- Experimenting with sounds that objects make -- Check! I loves making Sophie squeak, hitting various things on others, and playing with his rattles.
- Rolling both ways -- Check! He finally started rolling from stomach to back this past week. Now he's a rolling fool!
- Sitting unassisted for a few minutes -- Check! He is still a bit unsteady, but he's staying up for longer periods of time.
Schedule:We're trying to establish a better daytime routine, but most days I never know when he's going to nap. If we're home, he usually goes down for a mid-morning nap at 9:30 or 10. If we're out, who knows?
Out and About:
- Shoreline walk -- Our usual, but only once this week instead of twice.
- Playdate at Mariposa Park -- Amazing! Awesome! So much fun! We can't wait to do it again! Thankfully we have one schedule once a month.
- Coffee at Bean Scene with Miss Angi -- We met Angi for coffee on Wednesday. We had a nice chat and Angi got her baby cuddles in.
- Sunnyvale Library -- We walked to the library to return all of our books before our trip.
- Morning at Washington Park -- On the way back from the library, we stopped off at the park for a bit. It was such a nice day, we had to take advantage.