Wondering what’s a chunkster? A chunkster is an adult or YA book, non-fiction or fiction, that’s 450 pages or more.
Rules for this challenge:
- Audio books and e-books are now allowed. You want to listen to a chunkster on audio? Be my guest.
- Essay, short story, and poetry collections are allowed but they have to be read in their entirety to count.
- Books may crossover with other challenges.
- Anyone can join.
- You don’t have to list your book ahead of time.
- Graphic novels don’t count. Sorry guys but reading a chunkster graphic novel isn’t the same as reading a non-graphic chunkster.
I’ve been thinking long and hard about the levels of participation that have always been a part of this challenge. This year we’re going to try something new: there won’t be any levels.
Don’t get me wrong. This is still a reading challenge. Challenge yourself without being locked in to a certain number. If you didn’t read any chunksters in 2013 and want to change that in 2014, come up with a number and try to read that amount.
I do love me some big books. I think I will challenge myself to 10 chunksters. Shouldn't be hard to do.