Title: 28 Weeks Later
Year Released/Rating: 2007 R
Starring: Jeremy Renner, Rose Byrne, Robert Carlyle
Directed By: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo
Written By: Rowan Joffe, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Enrique Lopez Lavigne, Jesus Olmo
Star Rating: 4/5 stars
Where I Got It: I own it
- Most of the filming of the US Army Camp took place during the weekend of 21st/22nd October 2006 in the courtyard outside the Citypoint Building, Ropemaker Street, London EC2. A large number of tents with US flags, cast in military dress and vehicles were in place. Additionally access to the sub-floor car park area appears to have been given to shoot an underground scene.
- Robert Carlyle had turned down the Christopher Eccleston part in 28 Days Later....
- The boy who arrives at the cottage at the beginning of the film claims to be from Sandford. Sandford is the name of the 'fake' village that was used by British police to practice emergency preparedness drills. It's also the fictitious locale for the action comedy Hot Fuzz.
- Danny Boyle couldn't direct the sequel because of his commitments to Sunshine. Cillian Murphy and Naomie Harris couldn't come back for the sequel either because of other commitments.
- The three survivors want to get from Regent's Park to Wembley, but their chosen route clearly takes them by Parliament Square, Whitehall and Charing Cross, which is in the opposite direction. They should be driving through St John's Wood.
Summary: Six months after the rage virus was inflicted on the population of Great Britain, the US Army helps to secure a small area of London for the survivors to repopulate and start again. But not everything goes to plan.
In some ways this is scarier than the first movie. I love this idea that everyone believes the infection has gone, except of course it hasn't. And i love the idea that someone could be immune from the symptoms, but be a carrier at the same time. It makes sense. This is a virus we're dealing with. The movie definitely has lots of gore and lots of scary gotcha moments. You are on the edge of your seat the entire movie. I love it!
- Doyle: Did I hear that code red or am I losing my shit?
- Scarlet: It all makes sense. They're executing code red. Step 1: Kill the infected. Step 2: Containment. If containment fails, then Step 3: Extermination.
- Doyle: I got some strays. Flynn: Dogs? Doyle: No, puppies.
- Andy: I saw Dad. Tammy: Dad? Where? Andy: Tam, he's one of them.
- Scarlet: Who are you? Doyle: Sergeant Doyle, Delta Rooftop Unit. Scarlet: Why aren't you at your post? Doyle: Why aren't you?
- [last lines] French radio voice: We need your help.