Today’s card is my attempt at an unusual technique. I've often seen cards with color that comes peeking through. They remind me of those childhood activity pads where you scratch off of the black to find the picture below. And so I set out trying to recreate the idea in card form. For this specific technique, you start by adding ink to a piece of white cardstock covering the entire piece. From there, stamp am image using Versamark and cover with white embossing powder. After heating the powder, add black ink all over the top of the piece of cardstock. To reveal the color underneath, all you have to do is take a tissue to the Versamarked areas. I tried this using other colors and it turned out all muddled. It turns out that bright or pastel colors are the best to see. After creating my base piece, I added a stamp and cut coffee cup, some ribbon, and a pop of Lemon Lime Twist.
- Stamps: Merry Cafe (retired)
- Inks: Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Melon Mambo
- Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White
- Accessories: Bermuda Bay Ribbon (retired),
- Tools: Clear Embossing Powder; Stitched Shapes Framelits