Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a birthday card. I decided to make a masculine birthday card featuring my new favorite technique (watercolor emboss resist) and my new stamp set (Botanicals For You SAB). Watercolor emboss resist is a great new to me technique to create some great backgrounds. Simply stamp your image in Versamark and emboss with white embossing powder. Add a wash of water over the entire watercolor piece. Then drip ink onto the paper. The already wet paper will allow the ink to spread on its own. After it dried a bit, I added some more ink here and there to fill out most of the paper. To finish, take a paper towel and wipe off the excess ink. The ink should just wipe right off of the embossed section. Love this effect!
- Stamps: Botanicals for You
- Inks: Bermuda Bay; Pear Pizzaz; Versamark
- Cardstock: 2015-2017 In Color DSP (Cucumber Crush); Bermuda Bay; Whisper White; Watercolor Paper
- Accessories: White Embossing Powder
- Tools: Washi Label Punch; Aqua Painter; Heat Gun