In May I held a class featuring four cards with fancy folds. I tend to keep the same style of cards, but decided this was a great chance to learn some new techniques.
To make this great card, cut your base cardstock to 5 1/2" by 11". Score at 2 1/8", flip around and score at 2 1/8". From there fold the smaller scored pieces inward. Decorate the front and inside of the card and it's finished.
I chose to use some of my leftover All Abloom DSP as my base palette. The big cut-out butterfly and coordinating stamped butterflies add that extra touch.
- Stamps: Hello Darling (retired); Papillon Potpurri
- Inks: Strawberry Slush (retired); Blushing Bride
- Cardstock: Daffodil Delight; Pistachio Pudding (retired); Blushing Bride; All Abloom DSP (retired)
- Accessories: Daffodil Delight Ribbon; Jewels
- Tools: Butterfly Thinlits
The trick to this card or any cut out card is to place your framelit off the cardstock. I love the layered look of these floral frames. Simple card but very cute. I don't have a specific measurement for this card, I just folded the paper and lined up my framelit.
- Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners (retired)
- Inks: Blackberry Bliss
- Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss; Moonlight DSP (retired)
- Tools: Floral Frames Framelits (retired); Itty Bitty Framelits (retired)