For May I am featuring a class called Use Your Scraps. We all have a ton of scrap pieces of paper lying around. What to do with them? Here are three ideas for you:
Card #1 Long Banners
A simple way to use scraps is to make them into various length banners. For this card, I took some random pieces of Moonlight DSP and cut them into random lengths. The banners fill most of the card. Adding a punched sentiment and some candy dots completes the look.
- Stamps: Hello There
- Inks: Lost Lagoon
- Cardstock: Basic Gray; Moonlight DSP
- Accessories: Brights Candy Dots
- Tools: Scallop Punch; Hexagon Punch (banner ends)
Card #2 Hexagon Punch
The second card features my favorite scrap technique: hexagons. I love the repeat of patterns and colors in this card. A simple sentiment finishes the card.
- Stamps: Label Love
- Inks: Midnight Muse (retired)
- Cardstock: Gumball Green (retired); Summer Starfruit (retired); Print Poetry DSP (retired)
- Tools: Artisan Label Punch; Hexagon Punch (banner ends)
Card #3 Short Banners
Lastly, I have a cute rainbow colored card featuring short banners. I love the play of patterns on this one.
- Stamps: Petite Pairs
- Inks: Rich Razzleberry
- Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry; Random scraps
- Accessories: Gumball Green Ribbon (retired)
- Tools: Banner Punch; 1" Circle Punch; 1 1/4" Circle Punch; Decorative Dots Embossing Folder