Let’s dive in today with a huge essential product: Adhesives. I've come to find that everyone has their favorites and particular uses for different products. I am no different. The pictures below show my collections of various adhesives. And I have to say that I use every single one.
Product Description: Adhesives comes in my shapes and sizes. For the beginner crafter, I always recommend buying a few to find what you like best. Once chosen, I always try to stock up when they're on sale. There's no worse while crafting than running out of adhesive.
- Scotch tape -- A basic role of scotch tape is perfect for taping down ribbon ends (behind card layers obviously).
- Liquid glue -- I have a few different liquid glue choices. I love using Stampin' Up's two way glue for small embellishments like wood veneers. I also have a tube of Elmer's clear glue for back up.
- Snail (snail-looking tape runner)-- This is my go-to adhesive for general card making and scrapbooking. I use this for just about everything. I definitely stock up on the refills when they go on sale. I also usually have a cartridge of removable adhesive on hand for non-sticking clear stamps.
- Glue stick -- While this isn't my favorite tool to use. I find that it does come in handy for random projects. Also, it's a good in-a-pinch substitute for when I don't plan ahead and run out of snail.
- Glue dots -- Small double sided sticky pieces perfect for securing sequins, ribbon, or buttons. They are a go to tool!
- Dimensionals -- For when you want to pop up your piece, dimensionals are key. They are double sided circles or hexagons (depending on brand). I go through packages and packages of these.
- Sticky strip -- Finally I keep a role of sticky strip (two sided tape) on hand for 3D projects. It seems to be the only thing to secure cardstock for boxes or candy holders.
My Choice Brand(s):
- Stampin' Up -- For a majority of my adhesives, I turn to Stampin' Up for know good quality. Usually I buy glue dots, two way glue, glue sticks, sticky strip, and dimensionals from SU.
- Tombow -- For snail, I always use Tombow. I've explored the other brands, but they just don't have the same quality to me. Tombow is a bit pricier than some of the other brands, but quality is the determining factor for me.
Where to Buy:
- Stampin' Up
- Joann's and Michael's -- They carry Tombow and any of the store brand adhesives options. I always try to get my Tombow refills when they are 50% off or at least if I have a 40% coupon.