I'll admit it: I was not a fan of the paper pumpkin kits when SU debuted them last year. I thought "Why would I want such a limiting kit?" But since then, I have realized their value in the paper crafting world. Some people want all-in-one kits. Some people have only a few minutes to craft and would like to spend it on crafting instead of searching for supplies. Some people doubt their ability to think up their own designs (even though they are probably highly creative people). Paper Pumpkin kits are a great way to move behind these issues and get to crafting. Everything you need comes in the box. You have the option of following the example or striking out on your own. The choice is yours. This is a stress-free crafting kit.
I received a sample kit with my demonstrator starter order. I thought I would share it with you today.
Everything comes in this handy little box. Great for keeping your supplies together. And I can think of a million things to use it for afterwards.
Here's the inside:
This kit featured a bicycle themed greeting card kit. Each month varies in terms of the type of project. I've seen some 3D projects in past kits, but they seem to be overwhelmingly greeting cards.
Breakdown of supplies included (adhesive is not included):
- 4 Whisper White Envelopes
- 4 Precut and Prescored polka dotted card bases
- 2 Sheets of yellow honeycomb stickers
- 9 Triangle stickers
- 1 Bicycle Stamp
- 1 "Thank You" banner stamp
- 1 Bermuda Bay Stampin' Spot
- 1 Baked Brown Sugar Stampin' Spot
- Instruction sheet (below)
My completed projects
Card #1: I followed the example card exactly. Clean and simple.
Card #2: I decided to flip the card on the horizontal, but one bike seemed too plain. So I added a second bike and got creative with the "flags."
Card #3: Back to the vertical orientation. And I decided to play with repeating patterns. I made sure to stamp my bicycles off the card to give it a continuous look.
Card #4: Finally, I was left with three stripes of yellow stickers and two flags to use. This is what came out.
- Simple, easy to follow example designs and simple instruction sheets
- Everything is included -- Although my kit did not come with a clear block, SU is now including a special thinner clear block in your first kit.
- Only $19.95 a month plus tax (shipping is included)
- SU now offers prepaid 3, 6, and 12 month subscriptions -- Perfect for gifts!
- Can skip a month or cancel anytime, no penalities
How to Order:
- Learn more at http://mypaperpumpkin.com
- Order a one month, three month, six month, or twelve month prepaid subscription here
- Be sure to use me, Tobe Buffenbarger, as your demonstrator