Originally Published on April 19, 2014 This past week I've been working on two crafting projects. Here's a look at them.
Valentine's Day/Love and Mother's Day OSW sets:
I grabbed this sketch from InkyPinkies and went to town cutting two 12x12 DSP sheets. Once I got them cut, I started pairing pieces to card bases. Unfortunately, I realized that the pieces cut would not make 12 complete cards. I would have to add other DSP pieces or something else. Obviously if you look at her examples, she used other paper pieces to complete the cards. Oh well. I just combined the paper to make 8 cards for each set. Then, I cut some more DSP from full sheets to add layers and embellishments to make 12 cards for each set. After making one complete set, I talked to my mom who requested I send a batch of Mother's Day cards for the shop. So I actually made two Love sets and two Mother's Day sets. Crazy crazy... but they do look great.
Valentine's Day/Love Set:
- Stamps: Retired SU stamp (sentiment), Perfect Pennants (heart)
- Inks: Primrose Petals, Riding Hood Red
- Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate, Twitterpated DSP
- Accessories: Heart washi tape
- Tools: Swiss Dot Embossing Folder, 1 1/4" circle punch, Petite Petals punch
Mother's Day Set:
- Stamps: Random Mother's Day stamp
- Inks: Riding Hood Red, Island Indigo, Basic Gray
- Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Smoky Slate, Twitterpated DSP
- Tools: Embossing Folder