1. My couch — For being a fairly comfy place to sleep with the toddler while he’s been sick. Not ideal, but much better than the twins’ beds…
2. Blogfeed — For great new podcasts to listen to. In the past week, I’ve checked out The Simple Show, What Should I Read Next, This Week for Dinner, You Are Not So Smart, and Around the Table.
3. Social Committee — For stepping up and helping to organize the Winter Social. Sickness and time has worked against me, but I’m much less stressed after our meeting on Tuesday. I think we can actually pull this off on Saturday.
4. Random chocolate bar in fridge — I was seriously craving some chocolate, but couldn’t justify going out to the store (time and money). Thankfully I found a chocolate bar in the fridge. I had bought it before Christmas and completely forgot about it. So yummy!
5. Pinterest — For some great inspiration for retreat gifts. I found the perfect way to mix my love of crafting and some very personal. Can’t share right now, but the gifts are awesome, trust me!
1. Pinterest — For inspiring a new project. Crazy, but I’m excited!
2. Apple cider — For reminding me of my love of fall.
3. Friends — For giving support even in the dark hours.
4. Indoor plumbing — For nice hot showers to help me breathe easier.
5. The builders of our house — For giving me a completely unnecessary, but well-used crafting area (otherwise known as a butler’s pantry).
This past week has been a tough one. Probably makes this the perfect week to engage in some thanks.
- Sleep — For helping me combat this horrendous migraine. I’m going on day 6…
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Seeds — For helping me combat this horrendous migraine. (Yes also)
- Crafty friend — For sharing a table with me at our upcoming Holiday Bazaar. I hope we can make some money.
- Barnes and Noble — For carrying some interesting alcohol related magazines to use as research for my new blog.
- Fluffy Romances — For giving me a break from more serious books.
1. My customers — Both of my businesses (Stampin’ Up and Thirty-One) are doing well and it’s all because of my amazing customers!
2. Niles Canyon Railway volunteers — For keeping the railway running to the delight of Arthur and tons of other children. Plus, I had fun riding the rails!
3. The internet — For always having the exact thing I’m looking for. Just need to use the right search words.
4. My crafty friends — For providing support and inspiration.
5. Papermate Flair — For being the perfect journaling pen for me. Yep, some days it’s the little things…
I haven’t done these posts in months… It’s been a bit of a rough go for the last few months, but things are looking up. So here’s my thank yous for the week:
1. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin — Weird to thank a book, but this one has inspired me to make some big changes in day-to-day life. Excited to move forward.
2. Arthur — For being so adorable and lovable even when he’s stressing me out with toddler tantrums.
3. SU’s holiday catalog — For lots of great new crafting inspiration. Ready to dive in.
4. MVPA — For continuing to support me even from afar. I’ve had a ton of trouble adjusting to life in East Bay, so it’s great to still be able to go down and spend time with them.
5. Sprouts — For low cost but great produce. Arthur and i are making it our biweekly grocery trip.
My thanks for this week:
1. Arthur: For getting sick, but being such a trooper through everything. As long as I gave him entertainment, he bravely got through it.
2. Amazon: For quick shipping on a new swim suit just in time for the retreat. I may have actually found one that fits, is flattering, and looks cute.
3. Alameda County Library: For making getting a library card quick and painless. We can’t wait to check out all the branches.
4. Our vacuum: For cleaning up all the little pieces of crap that Arthur drops. It’s an ongoing fight, but mostly we’re winning it.
5. All my amazing mom friends: For an amazing retreat weekend. It was so relaxing and fun. I can’t wait to do it again, (Maybe in 6 months?)
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
- American Airlines and pilots — For getting Arthur and I safely to Indiana. Especially the pilots on the Fort Wayne flight for successfully navigating high wind gusts to land.
- Family — For gathering together for the holidays and giving Arthur and I a place to stay for this extended visit.
- Online Shopping — For helping me avoid the crazy that is Black Friday. Already have most of my presents bought.
- The weather — For maintaining a decent temperature to enjoy the downtown lightings on Wednesday.
- Ninja Movers — For successfully getting all our crap (turns out we have a lot of it) to East Bay with nothing lost or broken.
1. Peet’s Coffee — For fueling my coffee addiction and giving me a place to escape and blog for a bit.
2. The Awakening by Kate Chopin — For getting my reading mojo back. I was in a reading slump, but I’m excited for my next book and to finish the year off right.
3. Sleep training — For getting Arthur back to some sort of sleeping schedule after a bit of a hiccup.
4. Kaiser Permanente — For keeping all my medical records and automatically assigning me my old doctors. It made changing insurance (again!) just a little less crazy. We switched on Friday and had Arthur’s 12 month appointment on Monday. Easy peasy!
5. My fellow members of the MVPA Social Committee — For helping to throw an awesome fall social/Halloween costume party for the littles. Despite having a weather hiccup and a few mishaps here and there, I think we pulled off a great event.